In-Region SAR-Tech (digital security expert)
(Cyber Safety Assessment and Response project – CyberSAR)
The SecDev Foundation is looking for a digital safety and remediation expert for our CyberSAR initiative. The right person will have a sense of mission, commitment, integrity, and judgment. If selected, you will be an integral part of a program designed to offer cutting-edge digital safety research and support for high-risk independent media and other civil society organizations across the former Soviet Union. Your work will help to engage stakeholders to measurably reduce cyber vulnerabilities of a select group of organizations; pilot advanced malware protection and analytics; and, generate and disseminate evidence-based research.
The winning candidate will serve as a digital safety and remediation expert (part of the audit deployable team). This person will be trained up on the specific CyberSAR approach, and assist with all aspects of the audit, including delivery of the core remediation components. As a regional resource, you will also be tasked with following up with auditees shortly after the audit, and then undertaking a number of scheduled check-ins, including site visits as required to provide additional ongoing remediation and capacity-building assistance.
The SAR-Tech will:
- Serve as a digital safety and remediation expert
- Assist with all aspects of the audit
- Follow up with auditees, including check-ins and site visits
- Raise awareness of CyberSAR services across networks
Key skills required:
- Advanced Russian and/or Eurasian languages such as Moldovan / Romanian, Georgian, Uzbek, Ukrainian (oral, reading, writing)
- Superior skills and knowledge of audit process and remediation
- Strong and proven audit management experience
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to work with many priorities and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Uncanny ability to solve problems and work through challenges
Preference given to candidates with:
- At least basic/intermediate English language skills (oral, reading, writing)
- Solid understanding of good monitoring and evaluation indicators and practices
- Experience with NGOs working in international contexts
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
Position type: Contract – Full Time
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] to be considered. We accept and consider applications on a rolling basis. Please quote “SAR-Tech (CyberSAR)” in your email subject line. Your cover letter is very important — prove to us in one page or less why we should interview you for this position.
We greatly appreciate the interest and time of everyone who applies for this position. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.