Organization: The SecDev Foundation, Canada
Contract Type: 2 Years, fixed term contract with possibility for extension
Responsible for: Line coordination and implementation of Jordan country programme
Reports to: Senior Regional Programme Manager-MENA
Thematic Focus: Women, digital safety, protection and emergency response, online or technology-facilitated gender-based violence.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- An experienced national coordinator, with expertise in international development project planning, implementation and evaluation in Jordan.
- Proven ability to facilitate the delivery of sensitive programming; experience with programming for women and/or on digital safety is a definite asset.
- Highly developed networking and relationship-building skills, excellent ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, astute political savvy, proven ability to work well in a team.
- Proven track record of successful public event management;
- Excellence in data gathering and technical reporting;
- Ideally, experience with online communication/social media page management and campaigning skill
- Proficiency in Arabic and Working ability in English.
- Willingness to travel within Jordan and occasionally to other MENA countries.
The Digital Safety-MENA programme will deliver digital safety awareness campaigns that target women and youth, build online repositories of easy to use digital safety guidance, deliver online and offline training, build in-country emergency response systems and facilitate the growth of local networks of digital advocates. Jordan is one of five countries in which the project will be implemented.
This role will help to ensure that the Digital Safety-MENA programme makes a significant difference in the lives and prospects of Jordanian women and girls. Under the supervision of the Senior Regional Programme Manager, the National Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the implementation, management and monitoring of the Digital Safety MENA programme in Jordan. The Coordinator will play a significant role in the outreach to local stakeholders, line management of project activities, organization of events, support to local advisory committee, project data tracking, and translation and adaptation of learning resources. They will help to enhance impact, document lessons learned, navigate operational risks, and contribute to the overall success of the broader MENA programme and team.
- Manage the daily operations of the programme’s work in Jordan
- Undertake all admin responsibilities related to local meetings and events
- Identify local contractors/consultants and assist the headquarters team in the hiring/contracting process
- Assist headquarters team in identifying and connecting with local partners
- Liaise between local partners and headquarters team
- Support local partners in implementing the programme
- In close coordination with the headquarters team, play a leading role in establishing and supporting a local network of partners
- Ensure that partners comply with SecDev’s and funder’s policies and procedures
- Advise the headquarters team on the work plan and make suggestions to adjust to the local context
- Closely work with the headquarters team to meet the programme’s objectives and implement the work plan in a timely manner
- In close coordination with the headquarters team, play a significant role in the localization of the programme’s resources in Jordan
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the local advisory committee in the areas of partnerships and stakeholders outreach
- Contribute to an active partnership database to support the optimization of outreach and inclusion.
- Assist the headquarters team to keep track of the local budget
- Assist the headquarters team in preparing timely technical and financial reports
- Represent the programme and the foundation in local and regional events as needed
- Work closely with other country coordinators a to ensure effective learning and sharing of resources across the programme
- Responsibilities may include management of national social media presence and resources, as well as contributions to campaigns
- University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Gender/Development Studies or other relevant discipline is required.
- Advanced University degree in the above fields is highly desirable.
- At least three years of progressive experience in project development and coordination, with a focus on partnership development, stakeholder and beneficiary outreach, reporting and monitoring, preferably with an international development organization.
- Experience working in Jordan, with experience on thematic issues relevant to the programme (women, digital safety, education, GBV prevention and response).
- Online communications/campaigning experience and/or training experience is highly desirable.
- Experience working with remote team members.
- Experience supporting national / regional networks of local partners
- Experience working with local programmatic Advisory Groups is desired.
- Experience liaising with governmental authorities and other international/national institutions is desired.
- Experience in writing and communicating concise, clear assessments and technical reports in English.
- Willingness to travel within Jordan, and occasionally in the MENA region.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for actions and manages constructive criticisms.
- Communication – Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner; actively listens and overcomes differences by finding common ground.
- Ethics – Treats all individuals with respect; demonstrates confidentiality and discretion across all aspects of work; upholds and protects the integrity of Foundation programmes, policies and people at all times.
- Leading Self and Others – Acts as a positive role model contributing to team spirit; collaborates and supports the development of others.
- Partnering – Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter, informed by continuous learning; is not afraid to ask questions.
- Results Orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and others to accomplish goals; Sees opportunities and takes initiative to act; demonstrates agility amidst changing circumstances and can effectively adapt.Always pursues continuous improvement.
- Solution Focused – Evaluates data, risk environment and course of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Applies innovation and creativity in problem-solving.
The SecDev Foundation works to support better digital futures for all. We recognize that cyberspace is changing everything on a global scale, from development and economic opportunities through to the security and safety of people, communities and states. We operate globally — with civil society networks, industry and governments — to help communities pursue digital opportunity, safety and citizenship. We work to ensure all of our partners and beneficiaries — especially women, youth and vulnerable groups — have the skills and knowledge they need to protect themselves from digital harm, and become great digital citizens.
We help societies navigate the emerging opportunities of the global digital economy, which is founded on savvy digital entrepreneurs. And, in countries affected by conflict and war, we help local communities and societies build digital bridges of trust amongst themselves and each other.
The SecDev Foundation is a Canadian-based NGO with current operational programming in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Eurasian region. Our work has been supported by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), The Embassy of the Netherlands, Freedom House, The Open Societies Foundation, the Global Peace and Security Fund (GAC), The Stability Network, Public Safety Canada, the Bureau of Democracy, Rights and Labour, and Google. Our past and present partnerships and projects are located in Eurasia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Western Europe and Canada.
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the email subject line write: “National Coordinator-Digital Safety Programme, Jordan” Cover letter guidance: in 400 words or less tell us concisely and clearly why you are the best candidate for this position. Competitive cover letters will show us how your experience fits our key position requirements.
Both elements — resume and cover letter — are required documents.
Deadline for Applications: Until Filled.
Hiring expected: June 2019
We will not be accepting phone calls or faxes. We thank you very much for your interest in this position, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.